Monday, January 07, 2008

Health


I know some of you who read this blog must wonder why I blog about such mundane things as I do. It's really just a way for me to document life. I can already glean good information about my health from months gone by. I told King that I need to be very purposeful about blogging health changes, new research info (like the glycemic post), and my health in response to diet and exercise. As I go forward, each thing I learn helps me prevent episodes.


For instance. Yesterday afternoon we were in Target shopping for a "rollie chair" for Princess' room to go with her new desk. I felt a hypokalemic episode coming on. I told King, "I'll bet the barometric pressure is changing." Sure enough, when we got home we looked it up and just as I had my episode, the barometer had bottomed out and was beginning to rise. As it rose, I felt better. Here is what it looked like in the picture on the left. The barometric Pressure is the second graph from the top. See how it dips Sunday afternoon and starts rising toward midnight? It's not back up to where it was on Sunday noon, but it is still rising somewhat. I have been having hypokalemic episodes since 4:30 p.m. yesterday. It's gotta have something to do with the pressure ... either the change upward, downward or the rate of change. This is one of those things to chart and blog about.

2 comments:

Josha said...

what do you think this means??????? Exciting discovery...now what???? How did you know???? I think the barometric pressure here is always just right, so you should hop on a plane!!!

flowerpot said...

I would love to hop on a plane! :)
I'm not sure what this means. Many ppl in the PP community notice a downward trend when low pressure systems move through. I wish I could take credit for thinking of this. It's something that we've known for a couple of years, but we haven't tracked it. It's one of those things that we remark about, but haven't been able to figure out. David found these cool graphs and it's helped immensely. We'll just have to track it for a while. Autumn is always my hardest season for low episodes, I wish I had thought to track this in the fall. It's late winter though, so I still have all the low pressure systems for the rest of the winter and all the ones for spring.