Saturday, April 14, 2007

Roses and Moving

As promised, here is a picture of my Mother's Day 2004 rose bush. It was getting buffeted by the wind in this picture. What's up with the wind lately? It's been blowing almost every day.
I told Bekah that I'd post my eats for the day ... to keep me accountable on this weightloss thing. So, Bekah, I had a Luna bar for breakfast. It was "S'mores" flavor. Now, this is silly because there were no marshmallows and no graham crackers. How in the world is this meal bar like a S'mores?? Only the advertisers know. It was passable. Then I had a DanActive yougurt (three swallows and it's gone) for morning snack, NS Black Bean Tortilla Soup (with no tortillas!) and NS Chili for dinner. I drank lots of Peppermint tea and a diet A&W. The Hershey's chocolate covered eggs are calling, no, screaming my name. They are as of yet, still strink wrapped. Pray.

We helped our sweet friend, Jamie, move into her new apartment today. And I do mean n-e-w. These apartments have just been built and Jamie is one of the first people to move in. Her apartment is beautiful!! The first picture is in the old apt with her cute dog Bella. The last picture is in the new apartment ... check out the countertops. Cool!

I walked 1.5 miles today in 53 degree weather with a north wind blowing. I took no potassium on my walk, no sugar, no cell phone. It was just me, my polartec and my ipod. I felt like a normal woman going for a walk. I had an earache when I came back, but that's always happened to me when I'm in a north wind for any length of time. I don't know why, but I've gotten earaches as far back as I can remember. My mom used to heat that oil in the little brown bottle and put it in my ears and stuff cotton in my ear to keep the oil in and wind out. We lived in the panhandle of Texas and could get some stiff, cold winds back then. As I headed off to school, I always felt like an inverted Cottontail with those cotton puffs sticking out of my ears. When I came back from my walk today I thought fondly of the warmth of that oil from my childhood, but I figured I could thaw my eustachian tubes just as easily with hot herbal tea. I was right.

So, after walking 1.5 miles and helping Jamie move today, my muscles have called an emergency meeting of the body and have declared a strike. I'm not paralyzed, just worn out. It feels good because I know I've had great exercise today, worked my muscles really hard in the process, been in cold that normally triggers paralysis, gotten very hungry at times today ... and I've not been paralyzed once!! Three cheers for God and His sweetness to little ole me.

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray!


josha said...

"You are my strength when I am weak..."
I am praising My All In All right now for these posts about you and your success! The weight loss is great, but the paralysis success is miraculous! Ruth and Sarah would get so much encouragement from reading your story if you choose to share it!

Bekah said...

you are doing great! Keep up the good work! I am so proud of you! you are such an inspiration!...(aren't you glad the english language has an exclamation point?!)