Friday, March 13, 2009

Misplaced Zeal


Dear Mr. Retina,
It is with great appreciation that I write today. Because of your enduring and faithful work, we can see. It is perhaps your faithfulness that I must address today. You see, your zeal is overdone. You are overzealous, my friend. Your need for being noticed in a photograph is, quite frankly, annoying. Must you scream out at us when we flash our camera? Do you really need to be so noticed?
Please, on behalf of amateur photographers everywhere, I beseech you to lay low. Please do not give our friends and loved ones the red eye. Our precious pets appear as though some green monster has taken residence behind their cute little eyes.

Enough is enough. You have ruined pictures for years. I implore you to cease and desist from these overt attention-grabbing actions. From now on, please do your job of reflecting light in a demure and unobtrusive way.

With much gratitude and hope for better photographs in the future,

The Queen

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I don't think he's listening, do you?