Monday, July 28, 2008

MSG - Monosodium Glutamate

I really like Chinese food. I mean, when you get a Chinese food craving, it's almost impossible to resist.

That is, unless Chinese food causes your migraine. This is what I have deduced.

On Saturday, Princess and I went shopping and ate at the mall. Ya, I know. Nutritious. Anyway, I had rice and an eggroll. Then that night, I simply had to have my favorite Chinese Restaurant's rice and eggroll. The mall's food just made me want real Chinese food. So I had Chinese lunch and dinner. Sunday lunch I ate the leftovers. That's basically three meals in a row.

By Sunday afternoon, I was the proud owner of a migraine. I woke Monday morning at 3:30 a.m. with the onset of migraine #2. By 1:00 p.m. Monday, I was in bed with an eye mask and earplugs. By dinnertime, I could not even stand to hear Princess swallowing next to me in bed. (When mommy hurts, she is sweet enough to cuddle me.)

This is not the first time I have noticed a migraine after eating Chinese. I'm fairly certain it's the msg. Too bad. Sooo sad because my very favorite chips in the whole wide world have msg in them. Long live Nacho Cheese Doritos. Great in salads, great in chicken casseroles, great with a "sam-mich".

So, farewell my tasty friend. You are so not worth the pain. Adiu my beloved Doritos. Ciao Hot and Sour Soup. Au revoir you tiny little flavor enhancer. You will be missed and hopefully forgotten.

Adios.

No comments: