Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Middle East

Do you watch the events in the Middle East? Do current events around the world interest you? Did you see the news yesterday about Russia? Have you been watching the direction of the Iranian leadership?

I never really cared about what was going on in the world. I am a detail person. King is a visionary person. We see the world through two completely different lenses, albeit complimentary lenses.

A couple of years ago, he urged me to begin reading a series of books by Joel Rosenberg:
THE LAST JIHAD (2002), THE LAST DAYS (2003), THE EZEKIEL OPTION (2005), THE COPPER SCROLL (2006), EPICENTER (2006) and DEAD HEAT (2008)

These books are fiction, yet based on the truths of the bible, specifically prophesy. Epicenter is non-fiction and is a book explaining the foundation for the fiction series.

Guys, this is serious stuff. I highly recommend the reading of these books. I am in the middle of Epicenter and am rivited by the fact that current events have historical roots and I am seeing scripture play out before my eyes. It definitely propels me forward in sharing the gospel and sensing the urgency of the day.

No comments: