Monday, May 28, 2007

New Jeans, Kipper and Dixie




Well, life has been nuts! School is out, parties I helped with or hosted are over, and now it's just a mad dash to get everything done before we leave on Thursday.

Cutie and I went to the mall today to get a smaller pair of American Eagle jeans. Josha gave me some during spring break and they were too small for me, but I brought them home anyway because they were so soft. Now they are way too big for me and I need some new ones. Get this ... AE is phasing out the "favorites" style of jeans. Why do companies do this?? The style is called "Favorites", for pete's sake. If they are the "Favorites" then leave them in peace and let us all buy them. But, no, they are phasing them out for lower rise jeans called the hipster. Let me just say, that I do not need any more of my hips showing. I have stretch marks, people. No one wants to see stretch marks. :)

So, after walking the mall (after my 2.5 mile walk this morning), I searched the mall for jeans. Have you priced them lately? I was stunned. $65 dollars for jeans. I just couldn't pay it. So, while getting the King's Levi's at Wal-Mart, I found cute jeans for ... yes ... 15.98! I'm feeling a little sassy in my new, smaller, dark wash jeans. Woo-hoo!
I've been walking and eating well most of the time. We had a cookout and I ate a Boca burger instead of the real cow meat. I am starting to branch out and eat mostly NS, but add normal food in. I hit the 30 lb mark! 30 pounds gone from my frame ... forever. Or atleast until I go on my vacation this week. There will be no dieting. 5 course meal every night. There will be no gluttony, but no dieting either. We'll see how big I am when I get back! :)
I have been MIA at the blog for several reasons, not the least of which is that we found a new home for our precious, dear, sweet, adorable Kippy (our Ragdoll cat). Kipper is the most amazing cat. He is with his new family now and last account is loving all over them. It was a horrible separation though and I'm not sure we have completely recovered. I haven't heard Cutie cry like that many times during her young life. Sobs from very deep within.

It helped that we have been looking and praying for a poodle to join our family. We found one this weekend - what great timing. We will not pick her up until the weekend after July 4th. Her name is Dixie and she is a white, tiny toy poodle, about 5 pounds. We can't wait to meet her and I'm sure you will see dozens of pictures of her in the days to come. For now, here is her picture from her breeder's website. What a little doll baby.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

ahh.. glad to see you are back!
Puppy is soooo cute.. Jeans are expensive.. The last clothes I bought were at Ross Dress for less.. got a 105.00 pair of pants for 5 bucks! .. what a deal.
one of the things I think about is that if you are in great shape you would look good in a potato sack! ... so.. go walmart go! .. Your my kinda shopper!

Woo WHO for 30lbs!!!!! way to go!