Thursday, December 20, 2007

Your Friend and Mine

Mr. and Mrs. Banana! Look at these spotted little darlings! Do they look edible? Yea, verily, I tell ye. They are not only edible, they are delicious! I almost threw them away and then I thought, "Well, I'll just peel one and see how it looks..." Oh, dear. The warm smell of the tropics hit me as I made the first long peel down the side of the banana. Then I tasted it and I was like smooth, banana goodness to my sore throat. Oh dear. How did I go 35 years not eating, smelling or touching this very nice and likable fruit?! Thirty-five years I have missed out on these delectable, nutritious delights. Ya know what happened after 35 years, don't you? I went to the caribbean and ate the bananas from the local islands and I was hooked.
Do you recognize Mr. And Mrs. Banana's downstair neighbor family? It's the Grapefruit Clan. Nice ones, those Grapefruit. They seem a bit tart when you first meet them, but their sweetness gives way soon after. This clan is originally from Texas and we're proud to have them at our house for a time. I'm sorry to say their family members keep disappearing one by one. It's a bit disturbing.

I did find out some intersting tidbits about the Grapefruit Clan. Did you know that Grapefruit's properties reduce insulin levels and encourage weight loss? Yep. It's not just a fad diet anymore, there is research to prove that grapefruit reduces insulin and insulin regulates fat metabolism. So, ya heard it here first.

1 comment:

Josha said...

yummy...two of my favorites! AND...look at how close you are to your ticker goal!!!!!