Friday, October 23, 2009

Tarantula


My driveway is 1/10 of a mile long and runs the length of the property. About half way down the driveway is a drainage culvert. There, on the road, coming out of the culvert was this little beauty. I managed to dodge him and stopped the car. I jumped out to take his picture and ... couldn't find him. Eeek. I looked around my feet and then realized that he was farther behind the car. In order to give you the correct perspective, I layed my Blackberry case next to him.
He's a big 'un.

Isn't it comforting to know these lurk in the dark?

Just a happy little thought on this Friday morning.

2 comments:

Mommas Soapbox said...

I came to your blog to email you to say thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to read my cancer story and leave a comment. It started back in October of 2004. It's been difficult at times as I write. I hoped that it would comfort even one person by reading my story but I'm finding that I myself am being comforted, by people like yourself who leave caring comments. I wanted to say thank you...

And I just love your blog. I have to tell you when I saw this tarantula it made me laugh. They are everywhere here and our little town has a tarantula celebration every year.....it's tomorrow..

gotta luv small town life..... LOL

Thanks again!

ann said...

A happy little thought? HELLO?! I would LOSE IT if I saw one of those in my driveway. But you know how I feel about spiders heehee! Just like how you feel about scorpions...but do tarantulas eat scorpions? If so, then that is good. I can't believe you got close enough to that spider to lay your blackberry case down next to it! I would not be able to do that. I have never seen a scorpion in real life...I have no idea how I would react.