Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Choice

Sometimes life defies description.

I think lonliness is one of the worst human emotions.

I also think it's one of the most productive emotions because it thrusts us one of two directions: into the arms of God or away from Him.

I miss the days of childhood when the greatest decisions were whether to ride my bike or not. Whether to swing on the swings or slide on the slide.

As an adult, I still swing on the swing of life and slide down difficult circumstances. I find that my response to the swing and slide are choices: I can cry with fear or squeal with delight. Delight takes an effort, but the Psalmist says, "I will give thanks to the Lord for His righteousness and I will sing praise to the Lord Most High." I am not giving thanks to the Lord for my circumstances, but for Who He is and because He is worthy.

No comments: