Thursday, June 26, 2008

Keeping My Head Above Water

I'm only able to jot a note here. I'm still around, but busy as always. Sorry for the neglect of the blog. The good thing is that other things in my life are getting done even when I don't have time for the blog.

A couple of weeks ago, we were invited to a beautiful home on the lake to celebrate our friends' long marriage. The home and its grounds are being built and remodeled. It is a beautiful place! One day it will be available to rent, so keep it in mind if you want a luxurious getaway!

Over my right shoulder (to your left) is the play area and the miniature stable is beside my head. This place was so fun.
What does a girl do when she is invited to a party with swimming and has no swimsuit? She jumps in completely clothed, of course! And makes a new friend in the process! I love my daughter's personality. She can make a huggable friend in a matter of minutes.

Watching the sunset from the negative edge pool ... complete with her sundress and headband.

The young man in the picture is one of the sweetest boys I have ever met! We didn't know that the kids would be swimming, so we didn't bring a suit for Princess. Sadness ensued. She eventually came around to her old self when she found out that the owners also had miniature horses with their own minature stable. Later, hearing my conversation with Princess about swimming with no suit and no towel, this young man offered a towel if Princess needed one. Later we found out that it was his own towel. He was a true gentleman and it was a great lesson for Princess in how she should be treated by a guy. Loved it!

This is the view from the living room (below).

The living room. What a view!

This is the view from the balcony just outside of the living room. This is a negative edge pool.

My peeps. King had been on the lake all day for Father's Day.

No comments: