Monday, February 22, 2010

Riding Horses

While growing up, did you ever have an activity where you shined? I never did have anything in which I excelled. I enjoyed raising sheep my last two years of high school, but I was not great at it. I was not able to play sports during my school years and I was only okay at band and choir. I was one of those nice girls who was very average. I did not even realize that I was missing much as I recall.


My daughter has not tried many activities growing up, mainly because my health has not permitted our family to be very active. Now that my Periodic Paralysis is better managed, I can help Princess explore her passions. It has not taken long to find her passion. She is a horse lover ... And has loved horses since she was two years old.

She has been riding for over a year and still gets butterflies of joy in her stomach when we drive up to the horse barn. What a joy to see her so happy and to have a place where she shines.

No comments: