Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Paralysis

Well, I have had a day of paralysis today. I took Princess (our daughter) to school and when I parked in our garage after returning, I was too tired to get out. So, I sat there getting progressively paralyzed. In a little while, I heard the door from the house open and I smiled to myself. The King or the Princess always seem to know when to check on the Queen. King fed me sugar until I could walk and then I changed from my skirt into slacks. Being paralyzed is one thing. Being paralyzed in a skirt is quite another. I'm not an exhibitionist.
So, I changed and feeling much better, I headed off to the church building for bible study. I lead a small group bible study on Tuesday mornings. We (the leaders) start the morning in prayer and after prayer, I had another small episode. So, one of the substitutes took my group for 10 minutes or so. My sweet sub went back to her group and I led my small group through our bible study. It was very enjoyable, but I was struggling with an episode the whole time. Finally when we broke into two's to pray, I couldn't hold off the episode any longer. I sat down and then layed down on the floor and went into a deep episode. I have 11 ladies in my group and they all crowded around and helped. At one point they called King and he talked them through getting my Paralysis suitcase from the car along with my oxygen. They hooked my oxygen up and read on my Paralysis Instruction paper that explains what to do if I have an episode. They learned how to ask me questions that I could blink "yes" or "no" to and then began to sing to me. They were just so precious. They sang worship songs, kid songs (Zaccheus was a wee little man...), Christmas songs, and my favorite song: "You are my strength when I am weak". After we have our small group discussion, we always go upstairs for the lecture. Well, none of my ladies would leave and go upstairs! :) They all stayed, even after David arrived to help. It was a sweet time and it brought the group closer together.
I'm sitting in bed even now. I'm sure the rest of the day will be spent resting or paralyzed, but that's okay. Dinner is in the crockpot and it's a rainy day. A good day to be in bed.

No comments: